TRAVEL OUTFITS FOR LONG HAUL FLIGHTS (INSPIRED BY CHIARA FERRAGNI)
Over the years, I have done my fair share of long-haul flights wearing various things and many variations of outfits.
I think I may have finally found the one in this outfit though. Through trial and error (mostly error) I have found out that it is in fact rather more difficult than you might imagine to dress for a flight and maintain some sort of fashion.
I have spent a lot of time scouring the internet and otherwise doing what some might consider stalking the best dressed fashion bloggers who travel a lot. I would like to point out that I don't consider it stalking, I consider it more along the lines of learning.
The very best I found was of course none other than Chiara Ferragni of The Blonde Salad (https://www.theblondesalad.com). Her travel style is absolutely amazing and she is, in my eyes at least, the undisputed queen of travel outfits which are both comfy and stylish.
Of course her budget is perhaps a little different to the budget of the general population. However, if you can afford the head-to-toe Gucci, by all means go for it! If your budget doesn't quite extend that far, here's my cheaper and thus more budget friendly version.
1. Layering is absolutely key
You might get hot doing all the in between walking and lifting of heavy suitcases but on the plane it can get cold and you want to cuddle up and you definitely don't want to freeze on the flight. For this, I layered a T-shirt underneath my jersey so that I could easily slip things on and off.
2. Comfortable trousers
For me, leggings are not pants and I just cant wear them as pants. Perhaps it's a personal hang up about my legs. I prefer a bit more space. I opted for some comfy but very cool track pants from top shop which were comfortable and still stylish (with the addition of the Gucci-like stripes down the sides).
3. Comfy Shoes
The undisputed king of comfy shoes is undoubtedly the trainer and these Adidas Superstars are so comfy. They also slip on and off easily for security checks and whilst on the plane.
WHAT I WORE:
- T-shirt (Pull and Bear) (similar) : https://www.pullandbear.com/gb/woman/sale/clothing/t-shirts/t-shirt-with-slogan-c29020p500661564.html?NEWCOLLECTION#805
- Jersey (Zara) (similar): https://www.zara.com/uk/en/sweater-with-side-slits-p01509004.html?v1=4908623&v2=436539
- Track Pants (Topshop) (similar): https://www.topshop.com/en/tsuk/product/petite-striped-track-joggers-7313744?bi=0&ps=20&Ntt=joggers
- Sneakers (Adidas) : https://www.adidas.co.uk/superstar-shoes/C77124.html?pr=CUSTOMIZE_IMG_Superstar%2520Shoes